colorful for summer

Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July

We had a fun 4th of July! Griffin figured out pretty quickly it was a holiday with all the extra treats he got to eat, so all day he kept saying, "it's the 4th of July, Mom!"
Grace in her 4th of July outfit
Griffin and Grace
Griffin at our neighborhood's 4th of July parade ... turns out he didn't want to participate much after we decorated his bike ...
...instead he just wanted to eat his popsicle.
He was thrilled with it!
Grace looking pretty cool at the pool!
Griffin helped me make dessert for our cook out. I thought he'd enjoy dipping the rice crispy treats in chocolate and sprinkles, but he figured out quite quickly that simply eating the melted chocolate was much more fun (he is my son afterall). He kept saying, "what's this?!" and then, "I like white chocolate!"
After awhile he just picked up the big spoon I was using to stir the chocolate and used that...much more efficient than his tiny finger!
Griffin had a blast with his friends at our cook out
It was 96 degrees, perfect for the sprinkler!
All the kids in another forced picture together
Grace and her boyfriend, Hudson. Hudson's love for Grace is adorable; he will drop whatever he is doing whenever she is around to tickle her and look at her. She loves to touch people's faces and Hudson would let her do it all day long if we let him!

1 comment:

The Cornell's said...

I love the pictures of Grace! I think she was sleeping the whole time I was there I didn't see her cute outfit! I love Griffin and the white chocolate too. Too funny!