When Brooke called to tell me she was in labor a month earlier than her due date, I impulsively bought a plan ticket; I just had to meet my newest niece! Grace and I surprised Brooke, Jason, and Jordan over Memorial Day weekend so we could meet Peyton. It was a wonderful trip!
Still less than 5 pounds, she was the tiniest bundle of joy I've ever held!
Grace hanging out with Uncle Jason ...
... and Aunt Cookie!
My family with the newest additions (Grace and Peyton are 5 months apart)
Jordan was excited to see me, but not as excited as I was to see her!
Jordan and I
Peyton and I ... I had never held a baby so small and was just amazed by her!

If you're familiar with how small these 2 oz. hospital bottles are, you'll understand how small she is since she makes the bottle look huge!
Grace & Jordan hanging out

Grace loved watching everyone!
Here's an attempt to show how little Peyton is - she makes the dollar bill look big!
My mom had the brilliant idea to put Peyton on a tennis racket. I think Peyton will forgive her someday, since it made for a pretty funny picture.
We took Jordan swimming ... it was Grace's first time swimming!
The bathing beauties!
Jordan and Grace love hanging together!
Grace in her swim suit
This was really the extent of her first swim - the timing wasn't great, and she was a little too sleepy to really enjoy it.

...this was taken about 5 minutes after the previous picture ... she couldn't get out of the water fast enough!
Uncle Jason, Aunt Cookie and Jordan ...
Brooke and Jordan ...
Grace with BeBop and Pop
Isn't she precious?!
Perfect.
We were lucky to be able to spend some time with our friends while there ...
Peyton and I

Grace and BeBop
Grace was fascinated with Peyton!
And Peyton was excited to meet her cousin too!
In fact, Grace loves Peyton so much she could just eat her!
The newest cousins
Grace and Peyton's 1st trip to Graeter's ... I think it's funny how huge Grace looks next to Peyton, especially since Grace is still in the 3rd percentile and is actually quite small!

Look how big the Soothie looks! Seriously, it doesn't get cuter than that!
Jordan giving some love to Grace
All the girls in the family!
My family won't be thrilled that I included this, but I think it's hilarious how Jordan has the power to make all of us drop what we're doing to have a dance party ... it is so fun to see how happy singing and dancing makes her!

Grace and Pop Pop
Admiring Peyton with her proud Daddy
May 29, 2011 - May 31, 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment